We’re committed to helping our clients better understand the complex and ever-changing insurance industry. That’s why we provide free events and seminars. As a result, we have some of the most educated clients on the planet.
Through our online and in-person seminars and events, you’ll learn how to be more efficient and strategic for your organization. Soon we’ll be certified as an approved provider by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) to offer SHRM credits through many of our training courses and webinars. Stay tuned!
We look forward to meeting you at any of the following events, or contact us to arrange a time to meet onsite. 612-347-8421 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To find an event or seminar for a specific location, please use the drop-down box below.
White Board Seminar Series: Enterprise Cost Containment
It is the era of advanced data-driven analytics. The staggering amount of employer information continues to increase, as does the opportunity cost of failing to use it effectively.
- A cutting-edge, competitively advantageous approach for Risk Managers and HR Professionals with oversight of work comp, safety and health & welfare
- Why competition for financial and human capital is driving companies to a total cost strategy
- How good decision-making on a departmental basis is bad decision-making on an organizational basis
- Why the marketplace is fearful of employers aggregating their data and how to exploit this
If you are a HR, Benefits, Safety or Finance leader seeking to navigate through these complicated concepts, you will find this educational session invaluable!
Speaker: Dave Ross, Executive Vice President and Director of Underwriting Services for Hays Companies
Date: Thursday, June 9th, 2016
Location: New England Aquarium
1 Central Wharf
Boston, MA 02110
3:00 PM Registration and Snacks
4:00 PM Seminar
6:00 PM Cocktails and Dinner
This seminar has been approved for 2 HRCI credits, 2 CPE credits, or 2 PDC for SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM
2016 Compliance Seminar: Status Changes & Special Enrollment
Federal tax laws such as the Section 125 Cafeteria Plan rules can be complex to navigate particularly with recent status change rules and HIPAA special enrollment events. There are even recent status changes created due to the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Join us for our educational compliance seminar as we explain status change events that allow for mid-year health and FSA election changes and how to best handle employee requests while remaining compliant. You will come away with an understanding of the status change events what to do when an employee requests such a change. In this seminar we will cover:
- HIPAA special enrollments
- Cafeteria plan general information
- Benefit election rules
- Cafeteria plan status changes
- Special FMLA leave rules
- New status changes created under the ACA
- Break in employment (termination and rehire)
- Consistency rule
- Correcting errors and mistakes in elections
Presented by: The Hays Companies Research & Compliance Team
Date: Thursday, July 21st, 2016
Location: Midland Hills Country Club
2001 Fulham Street
Roseville, MN 55116
8:30 – 9:00 AM Check in
9:00 – 10:30 AM Presentation
If you have any questions, please email Jaclyn Risbrudt at email@example.com
This seminar is approved for HRCI credits.
White Board Seminar: Myths and Misconceptions About Employer Health Plans
Although many popular ideas about medical plans are based on truths, the complicated issues involved are often misunderstood or oversimplified to the point of being false or misleading. A favorite among attendees, this seminar seeks to provide a deeper understanding of how many decisions plan sponsors make often have unforeseen and unfortunate consequences.
- Private exchanges: bad for employers, bad for employees, great for brokers
- Why your spouses don’t cost what you think and why spousal programs don’t work
- Why your medical plan is managing the wrong population’s health
- How your broker’s best intentions actually cost you money
Date: Tuesday, May 17th, 2016
Location: Maggiano’s Little Italy
#2 The Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63117
8:30 – 9:00 AM Registration
9:00 – 11:15 AM Presentation
11:15 – 12:30 PM Lunch
This seminar is approved for 2 CPE credits, 2 HRCI, and 2 PDC for SHRM.