We’re committed to helping our clients better understand the complex and ever-changing insurance industry. That’s why we provide free events and seminars. As a result, we have some of the most educated clients on the planet.
Through our online and in-person seminars and events, you’ll learn how to be more efficient and strategic for your organization. Soon we’ll be certified as an approved provider by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) to offer SHRM credits through many of our training courses and webinars. Stay tuned!
We look forward to meeting you at any of the following events, or contact us to arrange a time to meet onsite. 612-347-8421 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To find an event or seminar for a specific location, please use the drop-down box below.
Annual Review – Preparing for 2017
2016 was quite a year for Employee Benefits and Compliance.
- Employers with 50 to 99 full-time plus full-time equivalent employees (FTE) became subject to the shared responsibility provisions of the Affordable Care Act (“pay-or-play”)
- Employers and health insurance carriers began reporting of health care offers and coverage for 2015
- The ACA and HSA out-of-pocket maximums for 2017 were updated
- Self-insured plans, essential health benefits (EHB) and benchmark plans were tied to the ACA’s prohibition on lifetime and annual limits
For 2017 we will discuss:
- How the national elections will potentially change the benefits landscape for 2017 and beyond
- And we will have a special topic: 401(k) discussion with Brian Whinnery, Vice President, Hays Companies 401(k) Services
This seminar is an opportunity to get ready for 2017 and ensure you are in compliance with the new laws and changes for the upcoming year.
Presented by: The Hays Companies Research & Compliance Team
Date: Thursday, October 20, 2016
Location: Golden Valley Country Club
7001 Golden Valley Road
Golden Valley, MN 55427
2:00 PM – 2:30 PM Check In
2:30 PM – 4:00 PM Presentation
4:00 PM – 5:00 PM Happy Hour & Mingling
White Board Seminar: How to Develop a Winning Health Plan
This seminar is eye-opening and strongly contrary to conventional wisdom. We will establish the critical thinking necessary to effectively manage a health plan.
This event is for plan sponsors that are serious about optimizing recruitment and retention while minimizing cost and maximizing employee satisfaction. This presentation will address:
- Why employers are failing at Health Plan Management
- How “best practices” are repelling the best talent and souring corporate culture
- Why the industry benchmarks are wrong and are driving the cost of your Health Plan higher
- How to structure your medical offering to increase the value of benefits and reduce costs
Date: Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Talamore Country Club
723 Talamore Drive
Ambler, PA 19002
The seminar will run from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
This seminar is approved for 2 HRCI, 2 CPE credit hours, and 2 PDC for SHRM-CPsm or SCHRM-SCPsm