Bruce Lyon, Vice President of Risk Management Services at Hays Companies in Kansas City and co-author of the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP) publication Risk Management Tools for Safety Professionals, was recently featured on a podcast for the ASSP.
In the podcast, Bruce sits down with Scott Fowler to share his insights on effective risk management within organizations and its importance in improving overall safety and health performance.
To listen to the podcast, please click here.
Bruce offers practical insights on risk management tools and prevention to guide occupational safety and health professionals in improving operational risk management opportunities.
Topics covered include:
- Determining the most effective risk communication methods and the important pieces of information that need to be conveyed throughout the communication process
- Practical ways to establish a context for risk management while considering time and budget constraints that organizations have and the importance clearly communicating the purpose, scope and risk criteria prior to risk assessment
- Distinguishing the difference between risk analysis and risk evaluation
- Effective methods of risk analysis for safety professionals
- Various analytical methods for selecting risk treatments and the criteria that organizations should weigh when determining which will deliver the most effective solutions
- The preferred metrics to analyze the improvement of safety and health performance and establishing a verification and validation process to assure that controls are implemented and working as intended
Interested in more content like this? Subscribe to our mailing list.