The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) has been around since 1995. On February 6, 2013, the United States Department of Labor (DOL) published final regulations that expanded the protections under the FMLA. Although many employers understand the job protection aspect of FMLA, protecting and maintaining employee welfare benefits during FMLA leave can be just as, if not more, challenging.
This 1-hour webinar, presented by Hays Companies Research and Compliance Department, covers FMLA and its Impact on Health and Welfare Benefits
Other topics addressed include:
- What employers are subject to FMLA?
- What employees are eligible for FMLA?
- What rules specifically apply to military service members and airline personnel?
- What are the job protections under FMLA?
- What are the proper steps to ensure benefit protections during and after an FMLA leave?
Please contact your Hays Companies representative for further information.