Section 125 Cafeteria Plan status change rules and HIPAA special enrollment events can be complex to navigate and account for a large number of the questions that Hays Companies Research and Compliance answers on a daily basis. As a result, we are once again (yes, we say this every year) doing our educational compliance seminar explaining status change events that allow for mid-year health and FSA election changes and how to best handle employee requests while remaining compliant. You will come away with an understanding of the status change events and what to do when an employee requests such a change.
In this webinar we will cover:
- HIPAA special enrollments
- Cafeteria plan general information
- Benefit election rules
- Cafeteria plan status changes
- Break in employment (termination and rehire)
- Consistency rule
- Correcting errors and mistakes in elections
The webinar is scheduled to last 1 hour.