A Muddle of Transparency Rules
Nick, Ben, and Amanda discuss the mix of transparency rules that employers are dealing with, from the Trump administration’s final transparency rules that are tied to the ACA to the No Surprises Act. Topics covered include:
- Possible consolidation of the rules, which could make things easier for employers
- Delays of some of the transparency provisions
- Why is compliance so difficult for self-insured plans?
Amanda, the Six-Year Rookie
Amanda and Nick talk about the surprises and the commonplace of being a regulatory and legislative specialist in the health and welfare space. Topics covered include:
- Informal guidance v. what you’re taught in school
- What it’s like to live with uncertain guidance and guidelines from a professional perspective
- What a “fresh” set of eyes sees as possible improvements to the industry
Listen and earn 1.0 SHRM credit
Don’t forget to subscribe using the button below!
Sign up to be notified when new episodes are released: