The Supreme Court Says the ACA is Here to Stay (Kind Of)
Ben and Nick discuss the recent dismissal by the Supreme Court of a lawsuit that challenged the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act. Topics covered include:
- Background on the litigation and an explanation of the Court’s dismissal of the lawsuit
- What does the Court’s decision mean for plan sponsors going forward?
- Why the Court’s decision may not be the end of ACA litigation and challenges
- What future ACA litigation may look like
Compliance Considerations Surrounding High Cost Claimants
Ben and Nick discuss the often missed, or sometimes ignored, compliance issues that come up when a health plan is dealing with perennial high cost claimants. Topics covered include:
- Why high cost claimants are so prevalent these days
- Avoiding HIPAA violations when dealing with high cost claimants
- Possible plan design approaches to discuss with legal counsel to deal with rising health plan costs
Listen and earn 1.0 SHRM credit
Don’t forget to subscribe using the button below!
Sign up to be notified when new episodes are released: