ERISA Myths and Misconceptions:
Ben and Nick discuss the many common mistakes and misunderstandings that plan sponsors have about ERISA, such as what actually constitutes a Summary Plan Description and who has to get it. Topics covered include:
- Mistaken beliefs about ERISA exemptions
- The difference between an SPD and the certificates and policies that plan sponsors often provide in their stead
- What are the actual distribution requirements?
- What are the reasons for ERISA compliance beyond fear of a DOL audit?
Wellness Plans and Their Moving Pieces:
Ben and Nick discuss the current regulatory state around wellness plans, provide a slight update, and talk about the moving compliance pieces that employers need to take into consideration. Topics covered include:
- Background on where all of the wellness rules came from
- The current status of the EEOC’s ADA wellness rules
- What’s the issue with offering a wellness plan to employees that aren’t on the health plan?
- Is there a “safe way” to design a wellness plan?
Listen and earn 1.0 SHRM credit
Don’t forget to subscribe using the button below!
Interested in learning more? Connect with us today: