Distracted Driving is now a pervading issue in our country. In 2019, there were 4,816 DOT large truck and bus fatalities in the United States. Some auto insurance carriers indicate up to 50% of commercial/personal auto losses are due to distracted driving. Business and personal insurance rates for auto/fleets are rising exponentially due to this problem.
So, why are we essentially ignoring this problem?
As employees head back to work, more people are on the road and summer travel heats up, this educational presentation focused on:
- Raising awareness through education
- Establishing corporate distracted driving policies in business
- Learning the dangers associated with any use of the cell phone or electronic devices while you drive
- What you can do now
Presenter: Tom Goeltz, Vice President – Risk Management Services
- Risk Management/Insurance Experience: 30+ years
- Years with Hays Companies: Since 2005
- Professional Designations/Memberships: Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- BSE degree in Occupational Safety from the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater
- Victim’s Advocate with the National Safety Council (NSC) – Distracted Driving
Interested in learning more? Connect with us today: